In the event your rented property is to be sold for enbloc redevelopment, you can give your Tenant three to six months’ notice in writing to terminate the Tenancy Agreement.

Do ensure this consideration is included in the TA when your unit is undergoing enbloc.You do not want to be in a situation where you have to pay compensation to the Tenants when you are not able to fulfill the lease agreement.

By Eileen Tan and Ui Wei Teck, property investors and authors of Enjoying Mid-Life Without Crisis. This tip and dozens more are from their book.

Join Our Weekly Newsletter

“What you must know before buying Singapore property…”

Sign up to get our free weekly newsletter with the best ideas and market updates from Singapore property experts, property transaction data and deals. Enter your email below to get our FREE Beginner's Guide and Property Buyer’s Checklist as a bonus. Save yourself thousands of dollars and lots of heartache!

Thanks for signing up! Please check your email to download your reports.